Monday, December 5, 2016

The Soft Swish, Swish of His Voice

by Marcie Bridges, @Marcie_Bridges 

“A word was secretly brought to me, 
my ears caught a whisper of it.”
Job 4:12

I can’t get this phrase out of my mind. I’m not sure what it leads to.

Is it an opening or a closing line? I don’t know yet, but if I don’t write it down, I’ll lose it.

So here it is:

the soft swish, swish of God’s breath

What does that make you think of? Does it ignite any emotion or feeling at all? Does it create a smile or even a thought? Maybe you spend moments just pondering it or wondering what it might feel like to have God’s breath be a soft swish around you?

After the thunder and the earthquake came a still small voice. In the garden His voice was like breathing—just a breeze passing by. Can you imagine it as a soft swish-swish? I can.

 Be still and listen and know
Trust in His everlasting arms
Rest in the cradle of His hands
Be still and feel His love, peace and Presence.

~Marcell Warner Bridges
©28, May 2016
All Rights Reserved.

I lay my head upon my pillow thoughts swirling in my mind. “Dear Jesus,” I pleaded, “I have so many things to do I can’t seem to...”

Hush. (He interrupted.)

“But Lord, I need to decorate and get a tree. I need to be cleaning my house and editing. I need...”

Hush. Hush my child. Your mind is consumed with too many things. Just rest.

“But...”

Hushhhhhhhhhhhh...

Cool air like a feather floating on the wind brushed past my face. Slowly I sank into a quiet slumber.

As I woke up, my heart peaceful, I heard it once again within my inner soul:




swish, swish, hush,
 came the voice I’d heard so softly in my sleep
Be still and know. Just trust. I am here.


From My Heart to Yours,
Marcie


What does God's voice sound like to you? 


 

6 comments:

  1. "Swish, swish, hush," - love this auditory interpretation of God's whisper, Marcie. You have reminded me to listen for His still, small voice speaking to me.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's here just waiting for us to come to Him. I'm so grateful for His still small voice in my noisy world. Many blessings to you also Martha :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Marcie! This is wonderful. It reaches deep places in my heart. Thank you so very much. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shirley for stopping by. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting with me and letting me know you've been here. I love hearing from my readers!