Monday, February 15, 2016

MOST PRECIOUS GIFT

by Marcie Bridges, @Marcie_Bridges


By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.  And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.  And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:13-16 


MOST PRECIOUS

I didn’t ask for flowers
I didn’t ask for cards
I didn’t ask for candy
Though they show precious love.
Tee-Tee Barnes,2016




I didn’t ask for money
I didn’t ask for gold
I didn’t ask for diamonds
Though they’re lovely to behold.



I only asked forgiveness
And in this truth I rest
Of Jesus’ most precious gift
His blood He willingly shed.



I bowed my head so humbled
That He died on a cross for me
On my knees I crumpled
Sobbing tears of agony.



Overwhelmed and overflowing
My heart could not contain
The love that flowed within me
As He gently spoke my name.
 
Tee-Tee Barnes, 2016


“I love you, my dear daughter,
I always have and always will
You are the most precious diamond
Refined on Redemption's Hill.
 

“I’ll never leave you, nor forsake you
I’ll never break any of My promises
I’ll always be right here within and beside you
I love you for time and eternity.”

~Marcell Warner Bridges
©13 February 2016
All Rights Reserved.



Tee-Tee Barnes, 2016
Satan knows our weak points. He knows our insecurities. And when we least expect it, he will pounce on us and begin tearing our lives apart. 

It’s in these times we must be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. If we will listen closely, we will feel His nudge to come to the Father so we can ward off Satan’s attacks.

But what do we do when we don’t listen and we fall into sin? We have a choice to make. We can either continue in that sin (and become unhappy feeling far from God) or, we can go to our Heavenly Father, confess our sin and be renewed in His love to worship Him fully. 

Did you know that there is absolutely nothing ― NO THING ― that we can do that is so bad God won’t forgive us for it?  1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Every. Single. Time.
Tee-Tee Barnes, 2016

If you are feeling far away from God or if you feel like God is unreachable, won’t you find a quiet place to kneel before Him and confess your sins so He can purify your heart and you won’t feel so far away anymore?

From My Heart to Yours,
Marcie


For Further Reflection: Psalm 32; Psalm 55; Psalm 139:23-24; Isaiah 1:18; Jeremiah 31:3; John 3:16; 1 John 1:9 and chapter 4
 


Why Does God Feel So Far Away? 

 You Are The Most Precious Diamond To Jesus

 

6 comments:

  1. I needed this right now! Thank you, Marcie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this ministered to you Norma. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this lovely, heartfelt post. God is faithful and loves us with an everlasting love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does Nan. Thank you for the encouragement. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting with me and letting me know you've been here. I love hearing from my readers!