Monday, December 14, 2015

HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED EMMANUEL


“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, 
“God with us.”  Matthew 1:23


Emmanuel
God with us
wherever we go
His presence
within us
around us
before us
behind us.

Emmanuel
I am with you
always
today
tomorrow
when you rise
when you sleep.

Emmanuel
come
dwell within us
be among us
Your tabernacle
is with men
You let us
dwell in Your land
and You
Emmanuel
God with us
gives us
peace.

~Marcell Warner Bridges
©14 December 2015
This Christmas season I pray you will be filled with Emmanuel. God's gift to us, wrapped up in love and laid in a manger. His name is Jesus and when we confess with our mouth's and believe in our hearts that Jesus Christ is Lord, He comes to live...abide...in us. In the form of His Holy Spirit. 

Emmanuel...God with us. 

Now. Tomorrow. Always. 

He has come to bring you peace. Will you accept His free invitation to receive His salvation today? 

From My Heart to Yours,
Marcie 

for further reflection:
Genesis 28:15; Exodus 33:14; Leviticus 26:11-12; Psalm 46:7; Isaiah 7:14 & 8:8; Haggai 2:4; Matthew 1:23; Revelation 21:3



 

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for the promise of Emmanuel. What an amazing God we love and serve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Nan! He is amazing! I love that He is always with us. Always present. Always. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting with me and letting me know you've been here. I love hearing from my readers!