Monday, August 17, 2015

OASIS ~ IN THE HOLLOW

by Marcie Bridges, @Marcie_Bridges 

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

Bridgescreations, 2015
Standing at the window of the hotel room I stared out into the inky darkness only illuminated by the street lamps below. An occasional car made its way along the road. Silence reigned inside the room. TV off, computer off, it was just me and Jesus.


Jesus spoke to me in vivid clarity. I wrote every word down so as not to miss a single thing He had for me to hear. 

Two days later I headed home but I had a side trip to make. I headed to our family’s favorite picnic area on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Bass Lake is a beautiful place to walk with trails for horses and places to just rest and relax. 
 
I took my camera and as I walked I snapped picture after picture. At one point though I realized, I wasn’t there to just capture His beauty, I was there to continue to listen to His voice.

So there in the garden we walked and we talked.

I asked Him for a poem and as I snapped another photo, I saw it. The hollow. The place of rest. An oasis from life. 

Bridgescreations, 2015
OASIS

Quietness ~
placid, crystal lake
rippling with peace
under skies of fluffy white.

Solitude ~
pictures worth a thousand words
silent whispers on a breeze
from everlasting to everlasting
Your paintings praises sing.

Hallowed ~
when thunder clouds hover
blue skies turn dim
I will not be afraid
because I know I am
in the hollow of His hand.

~Marcell Warner Bridges
©2015, All Rights Reserved



Bridgescreations, 2015

Thunder began to rumble overhead and clouds began to darken. But I felt safe. I felt secure as these words rolled through my heart over and over again:

  I am in the hollow of 
Your hand. 


I’ve never felt so peaceful and so loved as I have since spending time just with Him.

Last week we talked about taking time away to from the world just  between us and Jesus. How about you? Have you taken time just between you and Jesus?

God gave me a perfect opportunity to spend time with Him this last week with no distractions. I hope you find that time with Him too.

From My Heart to Yours,
Marcie 

For Further Meditation: 
Psalm 91; Isaiah 32; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7




4 comments:

  1. I had never thought about being in the hallow of His hands. Our sins never scarred Jesus too much that He would stop wanting to hold us close to Him. This was beautiful Marcie. Thank you my sweet friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was walking alongside the lake with you, sensing His peace, rejoicing in His love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting with me and letting me know you've been here. I love hearing from my readers!