Friday, September 27, 2013

THE VERY FIRST POEM

Hi Everyone! I thought for Fun Friday Poetry it would be fun to show you where poetry all began for me. In 1984 I was 12 years old in a Christian school in Northern California. Our teacher gave us the assignment to write something that started with "I like days...".  And my very first poem was born. I hope you enjoy this blast from my past. ~Marcie




DECEMBER

I like days when it's cold and dreary,
When frost bites your nose 
and everyone's in a hurry,
And when shopping carts are full of bags and gifts.

I like days when the wind is blowing,
And lights at night are brightly glowing,
Leaves that flutter to the ground,
Red, yellow, green and brown. 

~Marcell Warner (Bridges)
December 13, 1984

© Marcie Bridges, Heart Thoughts 2013

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting with me and letting me know you've been here. I love hearing from my readers!